23.6.10

Life is ours, so we live it our way.

Today my younger sister politely informed me [via facebook. seriously] that next week will be the 1 year mark that I have NOT added a post.
and I quietly thought to myself...one year? That can't be correct.
But it's true. Welcome Dyan to the worst blogger in the world club.
At the beginning of this year, Fran and I said to each other: 2010 is our year.
And to be truthful, we've been so busy enjoying the year, and eachother's company that we haven't had time to update this blog.
If you haven't noticed by the previous blog posts, I am a lover of lists.
I rely on lists to organize all my thoughts, and things I need to get done. (side note: Fran's good/bad qualities may or may not have been made into a PowerPoint before I made the very IMPORTANT decision to spend the rest of eternity with him)

So once again in an effort to summarize 365 days[yes, that says 365] in one tiny post - I will create a new list.

Our 2010 List [so far..and maybe a little of 2009]
We moved to Texas. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary. I began my senior year at UofH. Fran found a job at TNT North America. I found a job at Old Navy. and then promptly quit. We began recycling for free pizza. We visited the Holocaust Museum & the Terra Cotta Warriors. I saw the Phantom of the Opera. I took 18 credit hours fall semester. We were called as Nursery Leaders in our Ward. We went to a U2 concert where I was introduced to Muse. and pretty much fell in love. We celebrated Halloween. We went to the Italian Festival. I made my first Thanksgiving turkey/meal. We found a Belgian restaurant, Jeanine's Bistro, which most definitely has the best food. EVER. I passed all exams. I also made the Dean's List. Our niece and nephew celebrated their 1st birthday. My dad came to visit for Christmas. Jody, Fran's BFF came to visit, as well. We went to San Antonio to celebrate my sister's 20th birthday. We welcomed in the New Year with our great friends, Ciarli & Wangee. We said goodbye to my sister, Stephanie, and her family as they moved to Idaho.
I began spring semester.

I decided to learn Turkish. Fran got a promotion & a better position. We took the Domino's challenge. and then became addicted.We made the smart purchase of a play station 3, and the game buzz. probably the best game. hands down. We were released from Nursery. I was called to be the secretary in Young Women's. Fran was called to be a Sunday school teacher. We made lots of changes to the house. Peter came to visit. We went to the Turkish Olympiad. We went to Idaho for Stephanie's graduation. We came back in time for exams. I made Dean's List, again. but no big deal. RSC ANDERLECHT became Belgian champions! I got to see my BFF. She decided to move to Texas for grad school (best news ever!). My older sister, Christa, got married to Brandon. Congrats! We got to reunite with a bunch of SHAPIANS. I graduated from University. I turned 22. gahh! Paige & I threw a Beehive's night. love those girls! The World Cup in South Africa began. Fran participated in the TNT world cup in Belgium. 3rd place! I landed an ideal job at an international school in Houston working with children.


Now there you have it. Hopefully it will not be another year before you hear from me.

xoxo,

dyan

ps: notice the 5005740 naked women calendars that I'm holding in that picture? They weren't for us, but for soldiers in the Army Barracks at SHAPE. - JUST SAYIN'


3 comments:

Brandon Neal said...

You almost made it a year...!!!

Paige said...

Yeah, I know that calendar was for you...don't lie.

Rue de Anna said...

Haha! Yah! "Julie likeeesss thisss." I enjoyed the comment about your obsession with PowerPoint. You joke, but we all know it's true.
Also, out of your gigantor list I can include myself in all of them except 8 items. Therefore, I can infer two things from this. Either I really need to make more friends or Frandy loves me extremely a lot? I think I shall go with the latter.