12.7.10

Orange ya sad the World Cup is over?


We sure are.
and we're even more disappointed that the team we rooted for lost.
Nevertheless, there is one thing that I do love about sports: sports brings people together. [as in for a party!]
This weekend, Paige & I decided to throw a last minute get-together for the World Cup. and can I just say that she is one amazing cook? seriously. her orange carrot cupcakes were AMAZING. I may or may not be eating one as I write this.
A big thanks to her & definitely to scott (who totally stepped up when Indie, the dog, peed on the carpet! of all days!)
Although, orange is generally not a very flattering color - yes, you can admit it, not a lot of people can pull off orange clothing! (as evidenced in the photo of me above) - I think that on Sunday the Dutch team played a very good game, and still managed to look classy in their orange uniforms
now, If you would please excuse me, I am off to learn how to say, "the refs were paid off, and your team is a bunch of cheaters" in Spanish.
GO NETHERLANDS.
xoxo

4 comments:

Paige said...

When you learn that phrase, I will teach you the appropriate hand gesture to accompany it!

emily said...

Since Paige referred me to your page I feel free to comment that that party looks so fun! I don't care one bit about soccer, but those cupcakes look so worth it! Yum!

Unknown said...

Paige you are amazing! (and who doesn't love blog detours) :) Your party looks fun! Way to go Scott for cleaning the carpet!

*Dyan I think orange is a tricky color too. And thanks for posting about Scott and Paige. :)

Tricia and Michael said...

the only thing your party was missing was ME :)hehehe.

Paige IS an amazing cook!

And, hopefully one day we can all play BANG! together :)