16.9.10

They call me Winky.

I never actually wrote about Girl's Camp, so here it is!
yes, I know it was two months ago - but the many times I thought about writing a post for it should count as if I actually did.

Last night was our Camp Crud where we served all the girls and their parents dinner, gave out awards, watched a picture video, and pretty much enjoyed ourselves to the max. Camp was such a wonderful experience, I loved getting to know the girls better. It was also very spiritual; we were able to be out in nature and really see & appreicate God's creations. I enjoyed watching the girls' testimonies being strengthened and growing, and I am thankful for the opportunity it allowed for my own testimony to be fortified.

On a funnier note, here's a little anecdote from camp. One thing of which you are probably unaware is that I can not shut my left eye to wink. seriously. Apparently that ability is essential when at the shooting range. I shamefully had to put a patch over my eye so I could shoot my target. Hence the nickname. To make matters worse I also got the amazing score of 8. For those of you out there who are like me & don't do guns - - that's not good.
I guess the morale of the this is:
if I ever have a gun aiming at you then you have nothing to fear. I'll most likely miss you by a mile. or hit the person next to you.
A big hooray to the Texas League City Stake! & to the YW leaders who made last night a success!



1 comment:

Paige said...

Camp was fun...winky! :) And don't worry, I'll shoot anyone you need me to!